The Story of FROM YOU TO ME
How It All Began
Managing Director, Neil, was caring for his terminally ill father when it struck him that there was so much that had been left unsaid and undiscovered about his father’s life. A keen public interest in family history was evident with the success of genealogy websites and the BBC’s Who Do You Think You Are programme. However, Neil recognised that it's less easy to find interesting facts and stories about the names featured on your family tree.
Asking questions that you’ve never thought to ask, telling stories you’ve never had the chance to tell, as well as the cathartic nature of writing, all inspired Neil to create FROM YOU TO ME, and the first products, Dear Mum and Dear Dad, were born. A thousand copies were printed to test the market and these were sold through two local shops and a company website. These journals sold out within two weeks and, following great feedback, the business vision was created and our story began.
Together with Director and Company Secretary, Helen, and a great team of employees and partners, FROM YOU TO ME has, over the last 16 years, grown significantly and expanded the product range, as well as introduced many titles to countries around the world.
Our studio is in Wiltshire in the UK, with warehousing and distribution facilities in the UK and USA. Distribution partners are based in Australia, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Spain, and France, with many licensees around the world. If you're interested in working with us to sell, license or distribute our titles, or simply connect with us, we look forward to hearing from you.
What We Stand For
We believe in the power of relationships, in the power of communication and self-expression, and in the power of making and sharing memories.
We are passionate about enriching the lives of our customers, helping them to enjoy enhanced relationships with loved ones as well as themselves.
What We Do
We create beautiful, high-quality, and emotive gifts designed to help people reflect and feel closer to those who matter to them. These are gifts that feel good to give and even better to receive.
In this hectic world, our products make it easy for families and friends to capture and share precious stories and memories, as well as create special moments together, not leaving things unsaid or letting them go undiscovered.
Our gifts are for that special occasion and beyond, as they will be treasured for many years to come. Many can be personalised to create something unique and individual.
How We Do This
- We are a family-run company with relationships at the heart of what we do.
- We listen to our team, our customers, the gift industry, and the wider world.
- We design products that spark emotion and engagement.
- We inspire our customers to understand how our products can improve their relationships with others.
- We prompt the creation of a legacy of memories to be retold, relived, and passed down.
- We endeavour to make our products look their best in all the places people will buy them.
- We look after our customers and always strive for exemplary service.
- We care about our team and want to build solid and supportive relationships with the people and companies we work with.
- We are environmentally conscious, producing products that are designed to be cherished for years to come using sustainably sourced paper and recyclable packaging as well as minimising waste.
Our values go across everything we do, whether that is our products and what they stand for, or how we behave with customers, partners, suppliers and each other as a team.
- Relationships – we are inspired by human connection
- Impact – we seek to make a difference to the lives of others
- Innovation – we find new ways
- Sharing – we embrace the power of communication
- Customer Focus – we always have the customer in mind